At California State Parks Foundation, our Park Champions program is made up of enthusiastic volunteers from across California that tirelessly donate their time and work to improve the quality, safety and preservation of our state parks.
13,709 hours were volunteered by 1,779 dedicated people.
41 parks benefited from improvement projects.
47% of projects focused on habitat restoration and fire prevention.
48% of projects focused on trial restoration and general maintenance.
As you can see, Park Champions volunteers made a huge impact on state parks in just one year and they continue to help ensure our parks have vibrant ecosystems for generations to come. That is why throughout June we’re celebrating these dedicated volunteers through Park Champions Appreciation Month. You can join the celebration by submitting a few words of thanks for Park Champions on our website, and we will be sure to read them at an upcoming work day as a surprise for volunteers.
Learn more about our Park Champions program or signup for a workday near you here.
Our state parks represent the best California has to offer with their natural, cultural and recreational treasures, yet many communities lack access to these great outdoor spaces, especially disadvantaged youth. We owe it to future generations to preserve what we love about California – our parks, clean water, iconic redwood trees and coastlines – by voting Yes on 68 to expand access to our state’s open spaces and natural resources for all Californians.
We need your help now to ensure voters pass Prop 68 on June 5. Here are 6- 8 things you can do to help pass Proposition 68.
- Vote Yes on 68! Don’t forget to vote on June 5 or mail in your ballot.
- Visit the Yes on 68 campaign website to learn more about Prop 68.
- Follow Yes On 68 California on Facebook and Twitter.
- Post on your social accounts by using this toolkit with easy-to-post messages and graphics.
- Join a Twitter Party on June 4, 10am – 11am, to create a public discussion about the bond. Learn about participating here.
- Volunteer at GOTV activities happening in your area. Find a Yes on 68 event here.
- Tell your friends and family why you support Prop 68.
- Visit a park in your community, take a picture and share with us @calparks why protecting and preserving this open space matters to you!
Now is the time to invest in California’s natural and historic treasures. Join us to pass Proposition 68. Your voice and your vote for Yes on 68 will ensure all Californians can enjoy the natural resources and cultural treasures of our state parks, now and for generations to come.
A vote for Proposition 68 is a vote for our parks! Click here to learn more about Proposition 68 on our website.